A Systems Approach
At Sprout Energy, we don't do single solutions in order to just sell a product. We look at every solution, weigh the returns and find the best financing. Our consulting solutions have included complete road maps that incorporate energy, waste, water, mechanical, sustainability marketing and hiring sustainability teams.
Efficiency & Renewable Design
Serving as an energy designer and product consultant for our clients, we analyze needs, submit appropriately tailored RFPs, and find the right companies to fit the project.
We help you understand options available, find the solution, and manage the process to completion.
Our goal is to always find the best solution - no matter what.
Turn-Key Energy & Efficiency Development
Sprout Energy provides full turn-key solutions that include industrial and utility scale solar, LED lighting retrofits, mechanical retro-commissioning and waste to energy solutions.
We even offer financing solutions, such as leases, service contracts and traditional debt financing, that maximize value and savings to clients.
Energy & Sustainability Consulting
Energy and sustainability consulting is often how we first engage with clients. For a number of large institutions and companies, we have tailored sustainability road-maps that also include waste and water use analysis, building efficiency, energy efficiency, mechanical retro-commissioning employee and public engagement and Internet of Things (IoT) technology analysis and deployment.
The Sprout Energy team is comprised of engineers, finance experts, consultants, and project managers with decades of experience in multiple industries. Straight forward, transparent and Idaho-based, we are committed to ensuring a smooth process through the entire project -- from leadership support and employee engagement to initial design -- all the way through legal, engineering, permitting and coordination with legal governments, utilities or other key stakeholders.
Leif Elgethun, PE, LEED AP - Founder and CEO
Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, & Chemistry; Masters of Engineering – Engineering Management: University of Idaho
Developed multiple utility scale, commercial and residential photovoltaic (PV Solar, Wind, Micro-hydro, Anaerobic Digestor) renewable energy projects exceeding 1,000 MW
Licensed Professional Engineer – Idaho
LEED AP – New Construction
Technical evaluation for solar, wind, and hydro energy systems
CEO & Founder, Retrolux: leading national energy efficiency software provider
Past Clients include: YMCA (Treasure Valley and Wood River Valley), Boise State University, City of Boise, City of Ontario, Wood River School District, Ballard Dairy, Tabor Dairy, City of Portland
Amber Bieg, MBA - Business Development Director
MBA with emphasis in Sustainable Management, Presidio Graduate
• Bachelor of Arts - International Studies and Spanish, University of Oregon
• Has managed multiple large-scale software projects
• Fundraising expertise and community and employee engagement expert in the renewables industry
• Developer of Open TreeMap, enterprise ecosystem management software
• Extensive past client list includes: San Francisco Municipal
Transportation Agency, Idaho Department of Lands, Idaho Forest Products Commission, Idaho Climate Summit, City of San Francisco, Napa Valley Transportation Authority
Deborah Hiller LaSalle, JD
• JD with emphasis in Environmental Law, University of Utah
• Bachelor of Science - Chemistry, University of Idaho
• Over two decades of experience in facilitating private companies and government agencies in public outreach, strategic planning for future
growth, refining organizational culture and visions, creating partnerships and collaborations, and providing leadership training
• Some past and current clients include Payette and Boise Counties,
the Cities of Fruitland, Eagle, Crouch, Emmett, Cambridge, Middleton, NASA, the US Air Force, TPR Law and Gentry Auto Group.
Brian McKay, MBA
• MBA, Boise State University
• Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and German, Gonzaga University
• Top 5% financial of professionals worldwide - Bloomberg ranking
• Has established five new businesses with three in current operation
• 20 years of management experience in agriculture and small business
• 8 years of solar development experience